domenica 23 ottobre 2016

Artist Interview: "I'm inspired by everything"

The latest tutorials, interviews, tips & tricks from Easy Tiger.
 

@LIFEWITHART

 
This week we sat down with Canadian artist @lifewithart. She's a mother, teacher, and artist who is a big fan of the versatility and expression capable on mobile. Her daughter is the star of many of her pieces, which accentuate the feminine and embrace the many curious characteristics of youth.

We hope you enjoy our chat with Erin about her work, her development as an artist, and her inspiration.

ETA: So, who is @lifewithart?

@LIFEWITHART: I'm a wife, mother, teacher and practicing artist with a BFA in painting and drawing. I currently resides in Ontario, Canada teaching high school Visual Arts while raising my family.

What inspires you?

I'm inspired by everything in my daily life. Mostly I'm drawn to nature and people and often the pair together. Aesthetically I pull inspiration from surrealism, pop art, and collage.  

How does that inspiration come through in your art?

I like to keep my compositions relatively minimal and clean, favouring the smooth lines and simple shapes of pop art.

Like many surrealists artists I try to engage the viewer in a story or idea. My goal is often to create a calming or soothing effect with a little visual "pop". 
(MADE WITH FUSED)

What mediums/apps do you use to create?

I work in many mediums including paint and collage. I love the tactile nature of making something by hand.

Most of my Instagram account is digital work I've made with my iPhone. Currently I make handmade collages then edit them with my phone. My favourite app is Art Studio, a mini photoshop of sorts. I also rely heavily on Union App, Retouch, Snapseed, Mextures, and Fused

I discovered Fused when I searched "double exposure video" in the App Store. To be honest I didn't think there was a change an app could do that...but I found Fused! It's amazing what it can do with layering video.

I've always loved making double exposure photos, so double exposure video was the next natural progression. The first Fused video I made of my daughter was featured on IG for the WHP #whpMovingPortrait. I couldn't of done it without your app. 

Where does your interest in art come from?

My favourite childhood activity was colouring...and making crafts, so I guess it's always been there. Honestly I can't remember a time when I wasn't interested in art. There have been periods I don't have enough time to make and practice art, but the love of it is always there. 
 
Keep up with @lifeisart on IG. Also check out her website where she has an incredible collection of work that you won't find on IG.

Don't forget to check out her favorite Easy Tiger App, FUSED!

Let her passion inspire you. Get out and create.
brought to you by Easy Tiger
 
join the crew
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Website
Easy Tiger Apps Newsletter
Not loading? View in browser


For technical support email support@easytigerapps.com
 

If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please Manage Your Subscription
Easy Tiger Apps LLC, 36 Linden St., Brooklyn, NY 11221

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento